Successful landscape design is not just about style, but just as importantly about function.
When planning your landscape design, it’s important to keep your lifestyle needs in mind, in terms of a use of space.
You may want to ask yourself the following questions:
- What will the space will be used for?
- How do you imagine using the space?
- Do you want to include an area for entertaining?
- Will your entertaining area be formal, or casual, i.e. barbeque?
- Would the flower bed you are considering in the middle of the lawn inhibit family games?
- Is there to be an area for children to play?
- Is there a fishpond or a swimming pool, and how will that affect safety and compliance?
A good place to start is to focus on the area where you spend most of your time.
The best landscape designs combine attractiveness with utility and function.